CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Studio Operator I (Temporary)Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 175266BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented <br>storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, <br>DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
A CNN Studio Operator is an integral part of our production team. You will be working in a fast-paced studio environment, framing shots on talent on the set, and operating the state-of-the-art technical infrastructure of CNN's production facilities.
The Studio Operator, DC is a broad job title that encompasses a great variety of skills and assignments:
- Studio crews (pedestal cameras, hand-held, jib and Steadicam, Audio Assist and Utility)
- Video shading (responsible for maintaining acceptable video levels for incoming, outgoing and internal signals, and initial daily set-up and shading of studio cameras)
- Flash Control (control robotic cameras and lighting; shading beauty shots)
- Maintain a professional working environment in the Studios
- Report and follow-up with engineering on any issues with Studio equipment
- Training is part of our culture, you will be expected to keep up to CNN standards in all areas related to Studio Operations as well as train with other departments as schedule allows
- Travel is not mandatory, however, there are opportunities for interested and capable team members to participate in remote production events
- CNN is a 24/7 news operation and this position may include working on weekends
- 3 years' experience in a facility (network, station, production house) engaged in multiple camera live directed productions
- Experience with using a studio camera and robotic systems preferred
- Must be able to thrive under the pressure of a live television production environment, exhibit great attention to detail, and be a team player
- Must be able to prioritize and service multiple requests, demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, remain calm under pressure, and show a willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
- Must be available to work weekends
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS