CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Studio Operator I (Temporary)Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 171265BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
(Temporary) Studio Operator, DC Technical Operations
Studio Operator is a broad job title that encompasses a great variety of skills and assignments:
- Studio crews (pedestal cameras, hand-held, jib and Steadicam, Audio Assist and Utility)
- Video shading (responsible for maintaining acceptable video levels for incoming, outgoing and internal signals, and initial daily set-up and shading of studio cameras)
- Flash Control (control robo cameras and lighting; establish/designate IFBs and Comms)
- VISTA Projector Control (create effects and scripts, route feeds and control playback of servers feeding video wall)
- One of the keys to our success is the close-knit nature of the working relationship within our crews and with their managers, Directors, Technical Directors, Audio Designers, talent and producers
- CNN is a 24/7 news operation and this position will include working on weekend shows
- 3 years’ experience in a facility (network, station, production house) engaged in multiple camera production
- Experience with using a studio camera and robotic systems preferred
- Must be able to succeed under the pressure of a live television production environment, exhibit great attention to detail, and be a team player
- Must be able to prioritize and service multiple requests, demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills, remain calm under pressure, and show a willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
- Must be available to work weekends
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS