CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior Visual Editor, CNN PoliticsLocation Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 173369BR Apply Now
We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
At CNN Digital, the way we tell stories is just as important as the stories themselves. Whether it's breaking news, investigative journalism, or enterprise storytelling, our visual journalism breaks down stories for audiences in unique and interesting ways. The diversity of approaches allows us to better inform our audiences with essential and engaging news storytelling. We are expanding our visual journalism team and are looking for a Visuals Editor who will help pitch, edit, and execute visual storytelling on the web - from graphics and interactives to emerging storytelling forms like AR + motion graphics.
We are expanding our visual journalism team and are looking for a Visuals Editor who will help pitch, edit, and execute visual storytelling on the web - from graphics and interactives to emerging storytelling forms like AR + motion graphics. The person in this role will work primarily with the politics team to help shape visual narratives and coverage, while also collaborating with a team of visual editors and journalists across the organization. This is a player/coach role, where you'll have ownership over shaping story ideas while also being able to get hands on in building out projects. The position is based in DC.
- Identify and pitch politics-related visual story ideas
- Partner with other politics editors and reporters to brainstorm visual coverage ideas and find gaps in current story planning
- Plan proactively for major events and identify strong visual opportunities
- Assign and edit work by visual reporters and designers
- Edit and help execute visually led stories for daily, long form, and breaking news, including maps, charts, infographics, animations, and mobile first interactives
- Collaborate with the Visual News team to refine standards and best practices for storytelling forms including data visualizations, interactives, photography, illustrations, and animations
- You are enthusiastic about excellent visual journalism and can share that enthusiasm with patience and clarity.
- You put the journalism first, have impeccable news judgment, and are always asking "what's the best way to tell this story?"
- A reader-first perspective and strong commitment to multiplatform storytelling.
- You're comfortable working collaboratively, individually and with cross-functional teams.
- You are a varsity level communicator and feel as comfortable walking through a story pitch with editors as you do coaching a developer on an interactive interface.
- We're flexible on your exact skillset as long as you bring curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Typically has 8 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- College degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS