CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Producer II, New Media-DCLocation Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 175550BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented <br>storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, <br>DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The New Media team at CNN is driven by a passion for emerging technologies, graphic design and visual storytelling. Our success is driven by a shared ability to create and innovate under tight deadlines and desire to inform our audience in the most visually compelling way.
CNN is looking for a mixed reality technical artist to join the New Media team as a Producer II. He/she combines their skills in storytelling with a technical understanding of augmented and virtual reality.
The ideal team member is a creative leader who can create visually engaging stories for our viewers while working closely with show teams and on-air talent with a focus on producing content in the Magic Wall, virtual studio and for augmented reality for graphical news stories including the 2020 primary and general election.
This is a team of self-starters, creative thinkers, and clear communicators with who thrive in a fast-paced, intense and demanding news environment. It is also essential that this person be a motivated team player who is excited about the future of the intersection of innovation and news. It also will help to have a spirit of adventure, as we’ll be experimenting with new approaches on emerging platforms.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a team and help shape the way we approach technology in storytelling and visual journalism.
- LEADER: You are a leader with a proven record to drive creative conception, develop a plan, and execute short and long-term projects and objectives.
- TEAM PLAYER: You are a collaborative editorial leader with a passion for cross-functional projects.
- CREATIVE: You are an artist who can create quality 2D and 3D assets in short order.
- NEWS: You are passionate about news and can identify projects can bring mixed reality content to our viewers. You can also capture, producer and edit virtual and augmented reality footage.
- TECHNICAL: You are excited about the future of news and information and are excited by working on strategic technological planning including assisting in decisions about testing or purchasing new equipment or software.
- 5+ years’ experience with virtual studios, mixed reality or related field (News experience a plus!)
- Experience in creating high-quality 3D assets using 3D modeling software (Maya, C4D, Blender)
- Experience with video capture, production, compositing and editing
- Experience in 3D game engines (Unity, Unreal)
- Knowledge of high-level coding and scripting languages (Python)
- An affinity to work in teams and also be able to work independently
- Ability to travel and work weekends as needed
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS