CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Producer II-DC (Political Unit)Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 175389BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
CNN is looking for an experienced producer with strong news judgement, an established record of story production, and demonstrated field savvy to work alongside one of our top political correspondents and analysts. The job will demand a mix of producing long form stories, prepping for daily show work, assisting in reporting and writing for the world’s leading news website. In addition, for long form work, the applicant must be able to prep for interviews, do research and produce in the field for formal interviews. The job demands a keen interest in politics and Washington news and will entail travel during the presidential election. Previous experience with off-air reporting, especially sources in politics, is a significant benefit.
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years producing experience in cable, national or major media markets
- Strong interest in politics and Washington news is essential
- Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
- Strong skills multi-tasking and logistics
- Strong long form and segment producing
- Strong writing skills and a thorough understanding of the news business
- Strong skills in field producing, interviewing, as well as research and production
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced news environment that is 24 hours/ 365 days a year, including last minute travel.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS