CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Producer II DCLocation Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 169357BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Producer II will be at the vanguard of the 2020 election coverage and oversee production of reporter packages from concept to delivery, including idea generation, story research, news gathering, writing and post production. Must have strong script writing skills that include the ability to write packages with little or no reporter input, as well as write accompanying pieces for use online. The Producer II must also have extensive experience field producing, interviewing, creating and ordering graphics, as well as research and other post production techniques. Political campaign COVERAGE experience is a plus.
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years producing experience in cable, national or major media markets
- Strong interest in politics and Washington news is essential
- Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
- Strong writing skills and a thorough understanding of the news business
- Strong skills in field producing, interviewing, as well as research and production
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS