CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
National Political Writer - CNNPoliticsLocation Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 169252BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
This CNN Politics writing position is focused on the nexus of politics, culture and identity. Connecting the dots between broader American life and politics has never been more important or necessary as readers look to make sense of the rapidly changing landscape. This writer should be prepared to address topics across gender, race, socioeconomic and regional lines in a thoughtful and thought-provoking manner. And while there is no more "news cycle," this individual will help set the stage for the world's largest independent news site on the biggest stories of the day.
What do we need from you?
- 3+ years' experience in an editorial role at a traditional or digital native news organization.
- Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions.
- Strong understanding of mobile, apps, and social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS