CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Fall 2019 CNN Intern - Digital VideoLocation Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 170067BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What does our department do?
- Produce, shoot and edit video for all of CNN Digital’s platforms
- Coordinate with programming teams to deliver the best digital video experience for our domestic and international audiences
- Create engaging and compelling video about national political issues, including the White House, Capitol Hill, and national security
- Experiment with new video formats for mobile and social
- Work closely with reporters and producers around the globe to cover breaking news and the issues that matter to our audience
What will you be doing?
- Pitching story ideas to produce solo (or with a team) from start to finish
- Editing digital videos using our graphics templates and in-house footage
- Assisting producers on local shoots
- Transcribing field interviews, doing editorial research and finding archive footage
- Ideal candidate is a junior or senior with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Passionate about national politics, digital media and journalism
- Experience shooting on cameras like the Canon 5D, C300, Sony A7S II or Sony FS7, and editing in Premiere
- Strong editorial judgment and avid news consumption
- At least one previous professional internship
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Fall 2019 program dates are September 9th through December 6th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS