Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Director, Public PolicyLocation Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 173015BR Apply Now
Warner Media is a leader in entertainment with a rich history of innovation and award-winning content. As a part of AT&T, we are paving the way for industry-leading experiences, connectivity and solutions that haven’t even been imagined. The Job: Work closely with the Vice President – Public Policy to help develop and advance policy positions within the company and with media industry groups that optimize WarnerMedia’s business outcomes, particularly as they pertain to copyright and content protection and other issues related film, television and video game production and distribution.
- Help Vice President collect and analyze business needs and emerging policy developments, and to help educate regulatory, legislative, legal and public affairs advocates on how to articulate policy positions.
- Participate in internal discussions to help Vice President negotiate and build consensus company- and industry-wide policy positions.
- Brief Vice President orally and in writing regarding complex, detailed and highly technical internal and external developments, and assist with conveying such information to others in the company.
- Advise Vice President on matters relating to company political activity and field questions regarding use of WarnerMedia resources and policy-related information requests directed to the businesses.
- Interface directly with WarnerMedia businesses, trade associations, think-tanks and other organizations.
- Develop and maintain collegial relationships with staff in WarnerMedia’s businesses and external organizations and with company’s regulatory, legislative, legal and public affairs advocates. Our unrivaled operating scale and reputation for creativity and excellence have a daily impact on millions around the globe. Keeping people informed, entertained and connected is what we do.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in liberal arts or other programs that emphasize writing
- Candidate must have 6+ years of private sector experience, in addition to 2+ years of other relevant experience handling policy work relating to the media industry, particularly with respect to the film, TV and video games industry.
- Candidate must be flexible in adjusting to demands and shifting priorities of a small department.
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and writing skills and be comfortable interacting with senior executives and decision-makers.
- Bonus Points For: Expertise regarding copyright and content protection policy and developments.
- Strong familiarity with trade associations and related policy advocacy organizations.
- Strong familiarity with the policy-making process, particularly with respect to House and Senate Judiciary Committees, Copyright Office, USTR and state legislatures.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS