CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Crime & Justice Reporter (Producer I)Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 177157BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented <br>storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, <br>DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN is seeking a reporter to cover the Justice Department, crime and law enforcement.
- Work with CNN’s Justice team of correspondents, producers and editors to report on stories about the Department’s leadership and activities, and crime and law matters at large.
- Cultivate sources among federal agencies, advocacy groups, legal experts and others to break news and drive coverage.
- Candidates should have a proven record of breaking news, working with sources to develop stories and clear and engaging writing style.
- Experience in covering law enforcement and/or the courts preferred
- Understanding of using social media and online tools to assist reporting
- Monitor internal news gathering threads, on-air interviews and reporting, and competing news outlets' coverage to coordinate with editors about needed content for CNN platforms.
- Report enterprise stories to dive deeper into the issues and experiences defining crime and justice in the US
- Make independent judgments and decisions on whether content is native to mobile, and it is suitable for our platforms and audiences.
· Typically has 4 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
· College degree or equivalent industry experience.
· Excellent Writing and research skills
· High metabolism for news
· Flexibility and ability to juggle multiple task at once
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS