CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Video Producer - State of the UnionLocation Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 167791BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play? What will you be doing?
The Video Producer is an integral member of a lean, tight-knit show staff.
This person will:
- Help craft the look of the show, from writing and producing the show open to working with show producers to generate impactful visual material for live segments, packages, and teases.
- Be proficient in screening media for the best visual elements as well as editorial sound bites.
- Assist in research, compilation, production, and editing of pieces as well as handling the State of the Cartoonion segment.
The Video Producer runs tape out of the control room, works with editors on taped segments, and handles any changes for the show's later runs. He/she is also responsible for coordinating and ingesting video elements during breaking news.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with a love for politics who can generate ideas for guests, questions, and segments, and has the ability to handle an intense and stressful breaking news environment and turn elements around quickly and accurately in the control room.
Must be available to work on weekends (the show airs live on Sundays).
What do we need from you?
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years production experience in the news television industry.
- Must have strong news judgment as well as written, verbal, interpersonal communication, research and production skills.
- Needs strong writing skills, eventually may be called upon to independently write television scripts.
- He/she should have standard knowledge of show production.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS