CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Summer 2019 CNN Intern - State of the UnionLocation Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 167449BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What will you be doing?
Interns will learn how CNN's Jake Tapper, and his team plan and produce a Sunday morning political interview program. Interns will shadow and assist producers and receive assistance from the team if they would like to work on a story of their own. Intern duties include conducting research, fact-checking political claims, logging interviews and greeting guests. The opportunity for taking on greater responsibility is available to interns who demonstrate strong self-motivation and news judgment. Interns should come away with sharper editorial and writing skills, exposure to leading technology and an increased knowledge of the U.S. government and political system.
What do we need from you?
- Broadcast Journalism, Communications or Political Science major or involvement in student media.
- Strong and evolving current events knowledge and deep interest in U.S. politics.
- Knowledge of CNN news platforms.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, detail-oriented multi-taskers who function well under deadline pressures.
- Strong academic record (3.0 strongly preferred).
- Cover letter required.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Summer 2019 program dates are June 3rd through August 9th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS