Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Summer 2019 CNN Intern - DC BESTLocation Washington, District of Columbia, United States Job ID 167805BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What does our department do?
Broadcast Engineering and Systems Technology (BEST)
- delivers the technology services that allow our brands to distribute content on any platform, at any time.
- manages technology initiatives, programs and projects for both our domestic and international networks.
- is essential to Turner's ability to deliver flawless live and field production, original and licensed content, global access to video content and editing, and continuity of signal to all of our distribution partners.
- supports our creative and journalist storytellers by providing them with the production tools and environments they need to create our programming content. We keep our brands running, in unpredictable situations, in innovative ways, so they can bring our viewers unprecedented storytelling.
- powering our brands—every minute of every day.
What will you be doing?
As an intern in Broadcast Engineering and Systems Technology (BEST), student will
- have the opportunity to gain hands on experience with Production Support activities, systems integration, and remote location service and support.
- gain practical experience in direct customer support, broadcast support, problem diagnosis, and ownership of issues through to resolution.
- gain practical experience with CNN's ServiceNow tracking systems and many of the diverse computer, networking, and broadcast systems.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be
- currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (or an individual pursuing a Master’s degree) majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a similar degree.
- experienced with desktop & laptop computers, basic electronics, and fundamental knowledge of LANs and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- self-motivated, able to multitask, have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and assist others, and the ability to function in a complex live broadcast environment.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Summer 2019 program dates are June 3rd through August 9th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS