CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Sr. Producer - State of the Union with Jake TapperLocation Washington, United States Job ID 164122BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Senior Producer for State of the Union plays a pivotal role on the show. This person must have a passion for political news and a keen understanding of the news cycle. Exceptionally strong news judgment and decision-making skills are critical, and an ability to craft interview segments is a must. The Senior Producer should be able to lead the show producers and live broadcast in breaking news situations when required. When the need arises, the ability to line produce the show is desirable. This person will serve in the control room. The Senior Producer will help generate unique angles and creative ideas for the show's interviews, including writing and editing questions, while working closely with the Executive Producer and anchor. We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and flexible candidate with strong multi-tasking skills for our weekly, live program. The Senior Producer will also work closely with our bookers to generate interesting guest ideas for news-making interviews and panel discussions. This person will also work closely with Rights and Clearances, the Affiliate Desk and assignment desks. The ideal candidate is a great researcher, inquisitive, and possesses a thorough knowledge of politics, from political campaigns to Capitol Hill and the White House.
What do we need from you?
- 8+ years of news production or related experience
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Control room experience preferred
- Experience in show production and script review preferred - Strong writing and production skills
- Outstanding judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
- A strong knowledge and interest in politics and Washington news is essential
- Must be able work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS