CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Campaign Editor - CNN PoliticsLocation Washington, United States Job ID 166755BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
The campaign editor will assist in overseeing CNN's digital coverage of the 2020 presidential campaign. The editor's primary responsibility will be editing daily breaking news coverage on the campaign beat as well as assisting with enterprise stories. We are looking for someone with stellar news judgment, superb editing skills and the ability to perform in a competitive environment
What will you be doing?
- Assist the senior campaign editor in leading digital campaign coverage
- Edit content focused on a user-driven strategy that understands the nuances of packaging content for the web, mobile web, social (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and leading social messaging apps), and apps - Help ensure quality control by line editing and back-reading content
- Edit analysis, enterprise and accountability pieces as well as breaking campaign stories
- Prioritize the most social stories and ask two critical questions: 1) is this content native to mobile, and 2) is it shareable?
- Coordinate with newsgathering teams, including the political unit
- Knowledge and passion for political news and producing political content with the urgency politics demands
- Monitor national and local news sources to identify and evaluate stories of potential interest that align with the editorial direction
- This person should be passionate, driven, innovative, and determined to define some of the country's most important political stories for the mobile social generation of news consumers
- Edit and help produce sharp headlines and stories
- Superb writing and visual communication strength are a must
What do we need from you?
- 3 to 5 years of experience an editorial role at a traditional or digital native news organization
- Bachelor's degree
- Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing and visual communication skills
- Strong content management system experience on desktop web, mobile web, and mobile
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment making independent decisions
- Proven experience for developing audiences across web, mobile web, social accounts, through SEO
- Strong understanding of mobile, apps, and social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Experience in a video-led operation a plus
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS