CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Breaking News Editor, CNNPolitics - Project PositionLocation Washington, United States Job ID 164204BR Apply Now
*This is a project position that expires in January 2021*
See what it's like to work with CNN!Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What will you be doing?
-Conceptualize and edit breaking news stories and show an understanding of the nuances of packaging content for the web, mobile web, social (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and leading social messaging apps), and apps.
-Create sharp headlines.
-Prioritize the most social stories.
-Set up sharp, essential coverage for the early morning, beginning at 4 am.
-Make independent judgments and decisions on whether content is native to mobile, and it is suitable for our platforms and audiences
-Have a passion for political news, and be unafraid to build the future of journalism on the web with the urgency politics demands; and determined to define some of the country's most important political stories for the mobile social generation of news consumers. -This role requires constant communication and coordination with the Managing Editor, Political Unit, Social Media Editor, video team and our international bureaus in Hong Kong, London and elsewhere.
-This role extends through January 2021.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4+ years' experience in an editorial or reporter role at a traditional or digital native news organization.
-Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing and visual communication skills. Strong content management system experience on desktop web, mobile web, and mobile.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions.
- Proven experience for developing audiences across web, mobile web, social accounts, through SEO. Strong understanding of mobile, apps, and social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Strong copy editing skills
What makes the job even better
- A progressive recruiting team that thrives on innovation and genuinely wants to hear your ideas.
- A company culture that supports who YOU are: wellness support, paid volunteer time and opportunities and events that bring us together. (Fitbit competitions are taken very seriously here!)
- Great health benefits and 401k.
- In-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career with online courses and cool events..
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS