WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Software Engineer, Game IntegrationLocation Troy, New York, United States Job ID 172453BR Apply Now
You will be responsible for integrating several online services, the primary being our proprietary platform, “Hydra Studio”. Hydra Studio integrates tightly with some of the largest franchises in the games industry, and powers all online services, from data storage, to tournaments, to in-game purchasing.
We are looking for candidates with the ability to quickly learn new platforms and technologies. We use many different technologies for our products, and while we don’t expect you to know them all immediately, we look for candidates who can learn quickly and be proficient with them!
This position will require regular travel to NetherRealm Studios, based out of Chicago, IL.
What part will you play?
- Design, author, maintain and refactor online systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements Collaborate with other engineers and clients to improve supportability, stability, and robustness of our SDKs.
- Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of online systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of online systems.
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Collaborate with designers and content creators to brainstorm solutions that satisfy design and content requirements.
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies.
- Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of online systems.
- Minimum 5 years professional software development experience with demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio and C/C++.
- Experience with web frameworks and languages (Nodejs, Express, Typescript, etc.).
- Experience working on production game title from concept to ship.
- Experience with online services, A/B testing and content delivery.
- Video game industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with Unreal engine 3 or 4, or any other game engine, is a plus.
- Experience interacting with game consoles (Xbox One, PS4) and mobile platforms (iOS, Android) strongly desired.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
- Ability to write efficient and optimized code.
- A self-motivated work process and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people.
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
- Familiarity with post launch live operations and support (preferred).
- Interest in working on-site at our office in Troy, NY.
- Available for regular travel to NetherRealm Studios, based out of Chicago, IL.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS