Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Promotions and Publicity AssistantLocation Toronto, Ontario, Canada Job ID 176305BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
The Warner Bros. Television Group oversees and grows the entire portfolio of Warner Bros.’ television businesses, including worldwide production, traditional and digital distribution, and broadcasting.
The Promotions and Publicity Assistant will report directly to the Director of Publicity and Promotions and support and assist the servicing of promotional materials and activities for the TV division.
- CLIENT SERVICING - working with external servicing contacts, responsible for client servicing / asset delivery for upcoming programs and movies; order materials through internal contacts from head office in Burbank; assist clients with the WBTVD website and responsible for file transfers of materials. In addition, format and distribute storylines, artwork and press kits to clients and key press contacts. Notify all clients of updated inventory of promotional materials as they come available.
- MEDIA MONITORING: DAILY - review online clippings service and prepare and distribute report to TV department and scan daily newspapers for additional articles; monitor Canadian and U.S. network web sites and schedules and report any programming or promotional changes.
- DATABASE MAINTENANCE – maintain a current database of clients and press contacts and all material specifications. In addition, maintain accurate user lists/profiles for a variety of uses including but not limited to Program Bible, Screener List, Merchandise database.
- NETWORK SCHEDULE – diligently monitor and update database of all networks and their currents schedules in a CDN/U.S. Comparagraph and distribute to senior management monthly.
- PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGNS – work very closely with Director to develop and execute all areas of promotional campaigns including legal, key contributions, logistics, approvals and wrap-up.
- SPECIAL EVENTS – assist in all areas of special event planning and be present at all events (may involve some time on weekends or after regular business hours) work on all areas of special events (Client Appreciation Events, Upfronts, and Client Screenings) including set-up, signage, volunteer management and vendor communication.
- PROMO MERCHANDISE – Manage purchases of all promo merchandise, ensure quality and standards are met and delivery is timely; maintain relationships with current vendors and research new vendors; process all purchases through EBP per corporate procedures and codes all invoices through SAP.
- RATINGS ANALYSIS – Distribute daily Nielsen Media Ratings reports for Television department and create specialized custom reports for Vice President, General Manager for sales purposes.
- ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES – local and international couriers, scanning, photocopying and filing, expense report preparation and travel bookings may be needed from time to time and other duties as they arise as directed by the marketing team.
- Superior knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet applications
- Web-based computer skills including downloading and knowledge of FTP file transfers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem solver and deadline oriented
- Highly detail oriented, organized, efficient, flexible, ability to multi-task
- Works well under pressure
- Self starter, independent worker, but also a team player
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS