Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Sales PlannerLocation Japan - Tokyo Job ID 156697BR Apply Now
These huge growth markets in Japan contribute significantly to the advertising footprint in the region, and are constantly on the lookout for dynamic, multi-platform solutions that tap into CNN's expertise and leadership position. In this multi-dimensional, challenging, but highly-fulfilling role, the Sales Planner will have the following responsibilities:
A. Supporting Sales
- Contributes to the achievement of the regional sales revenue target
- Prepares media schedules, presentations and proposals for the Japan ad sales team
- Provides latest presentations materials and product updates to the sales team
- Deliver accurate and complete paperwork for sponsorships, bookings and campaigns
- Assists the Account Manager in the submission of creative materials for broadcast.
- Compiles On-Air Transmission reports, Digital Performance reports, post-campaign Reports, CD-compilations, checking of monthly client invoices, as briefed by the Sales team
- Regularly update product information (credentials presentation, media kits, programme grids, distribution, sales policy, Ratecard etc.) to maintain alignment with other global offices and deliver consistent messaging
- Co-ordinate with regional sales offices to exchange and share sales and account information
B. Research & Administration
- Assist the Account Manager with coordination of travel schedules and meetings for the clients & media agencies
- Submit monthly sales forecast, pipeline and sponsorship information in the standard format
- Monitors competitor channels and provides information to the sales teams on competitor activity
- Make regular contact with clients & media agencies to keep up to date with account and people moves
Success in this role relies on strong organizational skills, attention to detail, an inquisitive, curious mind, and the ability to manage and keep track of a number of concurrent tasks and projects. Well-developed communication skills and the ability to work effectively across internal departments and develop good relationships with key contacts in client and agency businesses are also critical to successful performance. This is a role for an outgoing and energetic team player who can also operate independently and remain focused under pressure.
Qualifications: - Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in agency / media owner an advantage
- Interested in & have some knowledge of Media/News Broadcasting Sales
- Knowledge of Digital media - planning, buying and digital operations an added asset.
- Creative thinking with a curiosity and affinity for News
- Fluency in written and spoken English is prerequisite
- Fluency in Japanese; written and spoken for corporate communication is a must
- Strong administrative and organization skills
- Immediate availability is preferred