Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Legal Counsel, Original Programming (Fixed Term)Location Sweden - Stockholm Job ID 173677BR Apply Now
We have a great opportunity for an experienced entertainment lawyer to join our team in Stockholm. In this role you will focus on drama series development and production in Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
You will work closely with our Original Programming team to ensure first class legal and business affairs support and you will be tasked with managing the full range of agreements in the context of television, film and digital development, production, financing and distribution.
The position is fixed term, covering during a Parental Leave for a period of approx. 12 months.
Key responsibilities will include,
- Negotiation, drafting and review of a variety of agreements including underlying rights, development, production and distribution agreements, including book option agreements, development and co-development agreements, scriptwriter agreements, production commissioning agreements, production services agreements, co-production agreements, and distribution agreements. As well as agreements for the services of directors, actors, crew, locations, facilities and suppliers, and music licensing
- Review, guidance and negotiation with relevant unions relating to union members.
- Clearance work, including reviewing scripts and advising on the clearance of intellectual property included in programmes
- Provide advice on underlying rights, copyright and other intellectual property issues, compliance and regulatory matters as required
- Work as needed for the finalization of production and finance agreements, including taking security, dealing with completion bonds, reviewing insurances and risk assessment
To be successful in this role, we believe you will have,
- A University Degree in Law from an internationally recognized University
- Media sector experience gained in-house or in a media focused practice
- High level expertise in television development and production agreements, ideally in the areas of scripted drama, documentary and digital media
- Track record of working successfully with senior production and creative staff
- In-house experience with a major studio, broadcaster or production company is highly desirable, but otherwise, “frontline” television production experience with a law firm would be considered
- Hands-on experience of the types of contracts and agreements handled in the role is essential
- Full working proficiency in English and at least one language relevant to the region covered (Swedish, Norwegian and/or Danish)
- Ability to review budgets, financing plans and other financial documentation
We are looking for a detail oriented and highly organized person with a passion for television drama. You need to be able to execute well in a fast-paced and changing environment, and work with a high degree of independence. Finally, you are a great team-player and a helpful colleague, willing to share information and learn from others.
Does this sound like your next job? Apply today!
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS