Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Account Executive, SEAJob ID 170190BR Apply Now
The CNN has established a strong brand image in the Singapore market, albeit with fierce competition from several international/regional news & business channels (i.e. BBC, CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.). Developing winning strategies, cultivating relationships/accounts and generating sales activities to maximize limited resources are critical for growth in this market. Based in Singapore, the Account Executive will work with the Sales Director on generating profitable sales revenues for CNN International TV, Digital & Mobile products and services, from local market.
- The Account Executive will:
o Be accountable for and deliver on the sales revenue target assigned, working alongside the Sales Director, for both TV and Digital.
o Have a clear understanding of CNN International and CNN.com products and present them to the set of clients and agencies as defined from time-to-time.
o Have proficiency in making presentations, proposals and reports.
o Proactively identify and pursue business opportunities in Singapore
o Service and renew existing clients and agencies with goal to develop strong relationships through effective agency/client management.
o Provide timely and accurate reports and forecasts to the Sales Director on current revenue and the sales pipeline.
- Business Planning
o Gather market intelligence through spending time with clients and agencies and use these to form strategic and operational sales plans with the Sales Director and execute on these.
o Develop the sales plan for the client set detailing the pipeline for each individual product.
o Gather market information and intelligence to secure marketing opportunities and also to identify future growth areas.
o Partner with various internal groups to develop Account Plans for key agencies/clients.
o Liaise with International Ad Sales Operations, Marketing, Editorial & Design (CREATE) team to bring the best solutions for the clients that express a good understanding of Sponsorship offerings and various CNNIC products and platforms.
o Work closely with the International Sales Operations team for TV and Digital to manage the smooth booking, running and optimization and reporting of campaigns to meet customer expectations.
o Provide post-campaign summary reports and presentations as required.
o Verify & process invoices with accounting services team on billing & payment issues throughout the sales process.
o Work with rest of sales teams to maintain the regional database so it is always up to date.
- Execution & Results
o Achieve and exceed the revenue target for all products.
o Pro-actively account-service and drive new sales opportunities by implementing a clear sales strategy of high-touch client engagement, consultancy and account-mapping to increase CNN's opportunities to win.
o Develop market confidence by delivering on commitments and exceeding customer expectations.
o Provide accurate and timely weekly/monthly sales forecasts on a rolling 3 month basis and provide updates on accounts by product line.
o To produce and disseminate new advertising packages and sponsorship proposals.
o To assist marketing in events planned and organised for customers.
- Developing Professional Capability
o Attend relevant conferences, seminars and other industry events to develop knowledge and network within the online / media industry.
o Keep up to date with trends and developments in the media industry to gain early insights into new business opportunities.
o Continuously evolve personal and professional capability in line with business needs.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, and/or 1-3 years of experiences in media sales or in the field of content sales or social media is welcome.
- Possess strong communication skill in written and spoken English. Proficiency in Mandarin and/or other SEA language is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook (Emails and Calendar)
- Strong passion for the Media Industry with a natural curiosity and capacity to learn TV and Digital advertising media quickly. Understanding of News Broadcasting Sales is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and a fast learner with strong administrative and organization skills.
- A team player who can support and cover other team members in a proactive manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work on a deadline with the ability to prioritize.
- Motivated to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed the team's expectations/demands.
- Willing to travel as and when required to.
- Immediate availability is preferred
- Positive attitude with a hunger to learn and to succeed.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS