Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
VP, Business DevelopmentLocation Seattle, United States Job ID 159581BR Apply Now
Founded in 2000, iStreamPlanet is a subsidiary of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. with headquarters in Las Vegas, NV and an engineering center in Seattle, WA. At iStreamPlanet, everyday we're working to build the solutions to power the entertainment experiences of tomorrow for the biggest media brands on the planet. The way we watch our favorite TV, movies, news and sports is changing rapidly and iStreamPlanet is at the forefront of the industry. We're known for our innovations in live streaming record-breaking events such as the Olympics, the Super Bowl, and the NCAA March Madness. We’re ambitious, agile, dynamic, and 100% customer focused. We’re also fun, appreciate good humor, and we want people who are passionate about their work and want to make a difference.
As Vice President, Sales & Business Development you will have responsibility for managing the revenue strategy and daily execution of strategic and tactical initiatives of iStreamPlanet. You will closely work with our product, engineering, marketing and finance teams to define the features and pricing of all our services, and bring those service offerings to premium sports, video distributors (MVPDs and virtual MVPDs) and programmers in North America and around the world. The ideal candidate should have a proven record of driving revenue growth and relevant experience in some or all of the following: OTT media services, SaaS, and cloud.
- Drive revenue growth by identifying sales and partnership opportunities, structure, negotiate and close new business and accelerate growth via strategic accounts.
- Develop key performance metrics of current sales and strategic plan, monitor progress towards those metrics, and work with other senior leaders to develop ongoing operational adjustments to achieve success.
- Oversee key customer relationships, sales and partner strategy, accurate sales forecasting, and manage and lead the team of sales and business development associates.
- Working with senior leaders across the organization to identify strategies and tactics as well as developing a strategic business plan to successfully achieve the targeted sales objectives.
- Effectively manage department budgets/forecasts/metrics; closely manage customer satisfaction; raise team competence and execution.
- Ability to oversee, manage and develop a portfolio of customers and partners.
- Experience developing, structuring, and managing strategic partnerships.
- Proven experience in delivering against revenue targets.
- Ability to articulate strong value proposition, differentiation, blockers.
- Proven ability to drive change to achieve plan.
- A self-starter who finds a way to get the job done – persistent, indefatigable – a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) in business or related field.
- MBA preferred.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.