CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Staff Software Engineer Lead, Codeflow - HBO MaxLocation Seattle, Washington, United States Job ID 173709BR Apply Now
Click HERE to Quick Apply.
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more
We provide the services and infrastructure that builds, tests and deploys the HBO Max client application. We work on a large range of target devices, including mobile phones, tablets, web browsers, game consoles, and smart TVs. We ensure changes on one platform are consistent across all platforms. Our customers are the entire HBO Max development organization.
As Senior Staff Engineer Lead at HBO Max, you will guide and motivate the Codeflow team. You take an active role in developing the careers of everyone on your team. You define metrics for success, and clear the way for your team to achieve and exceed them. You foster and encourage diverse viewpoints, and are able to harmonize discordant views.
Your team directly impacts the way we develop, test, and deploy the HBO Max client application. You’ll manage and support a large, custom build system, spread across both AWS and an on-premise lab with multiple device types. Your software will transform a multi-hour build and test cycle into a routine process that will wrap up by the time you finish your coffee. You’ll work directly with the engineers, designers, SDETs, and TPMs to understand their pain points, and how we can solve them.
Lead and grow the team that scales the build system to support engineering organization growth
Coach the engineers on your team through technical challenges, and help them grow their careers
Scale a build system with many different, unique device types – phones, tablets, game consoles, and smart TVs. Anywhere HBO Max runs, we get to play with
Set the bar for code and test quality. Your work serves as an example to others
- Be an experienced software developer with a proven track record releasing software
- Enjoy working in a team setting with engineers of varying degrees of experience
- Write great code that educates your peers
- Embrace standards where they make sense, and help evolve them where they need improvement
- Use your experience to make smart engineering decisions
- Work in multiple languages and pick the right tool(s) for the job at hand
- Own a large engineering project that interacts with multiple teams
- Understand how your work affects the ongoing operations of an always-on, global service
The Nice to Haves
- Experience with at least one of the cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with NodeJS and / or Typescript, Golang
- Experience with React
- Relational and / or non-relational database experience (PostgreSQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
HBO exclusive events
Paid time off to volunteer
Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
Access to in-house learning and development resources
Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click HERE to Quick Apply.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS