CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Staff Software Engineer II, Platform Infrastructure - HBO MaxLocation Seattle, Washington, United States Job ID 173720BR Apply Now
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We are the team providing the services and infrastructure that builds, tests, and deploys the microservices that support HBO MAX. We help engineering teams to be able to consistently update and deploy their microservices without requiring manual inspection and to rapidly respond to design, research, marketing, and promotional opportunities. We are looking for Software Engineers to join us to maintain and raise the bar on quality, performance, code coverage, and end-to-end user scenarios.
You will build and automate the process of deploying, launching, and maintaining microservices. It’s a unique opportunity to learn about the latest Developer tools, such as Jenkins, Github, NodeJS, Kubernetes, and AWS and identify ways to improve their integration into our workflows. We need people with good ideas, high energy, and self-motivation to continuously improve our processes and systems. We work with incredibly smart people, and we have endless opportunities to learn and make a real difference.
- Launch microservices in international markets
- Scale the build system to support engineering organization growth
- Drive security expectations with a world class security team
- Improve upon code coverage through unit and integration testing
- Develop tools, applications, and services to improve developer productivity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
- It would be great if you 5+ years of Industry experience in web services
- Experience in automating CI/CD processes for microservices
- Want to learn about Github, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Understanding of NodeJS and Typescript
- Fundamentals in OO design, data structures, and algorithm design
- Passion for delivering mission critical systems which solve developer problems
- Experience supporting developers across Linux and Mac platforms
- Experience contributing to or working with open-source software
- Experience in development using AWS services and Kubernetes
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click HERE to Quick Apply.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS