CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Staff Software Engineer II, Data Pipeline - HBO MaxLocation Seattle, Washington, United States Job ID 173715BR Apply Now
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We are the team who provides the platform that enables near real time targeted customer experiences and dynamic business decisions. Our current data processing infrastructure is ready for an upgrade, and we are looking for data minded developers to design and implement the 2nd version of our event processing pipeline to support both batch and well as stream processing scenarios.
We build and support systems for processing datasets describing customer behavior for our OTT streaming video applications including the upcoming HBO Max service. We collect, transform and assemble data from access logs, services, web and native applications, and authoritative stores to create a unified view of customer experience for WarnerMedia streaming video applications across web, mobile, gaming consoles, and connected screens. You will work as part of a cross functional team of software developers and data engineers to produce high quality data that truthfully represents the online behavior of WarnerMedia's customers.
- Build a large distributed self service data platform that can seamlessly scale to handle billions of events per minute
- Design and develop abstraction layers to make real time stream processing available to broader sets of users
- Influence the technical agenda for your team's software, design, and own critical features of a product used by millions of customers
- work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side
- Explore technical solutions and evaluate technical trade-offs across teams and disciplines
- Improve your team’s development, test, and operational practices
- Mentor less experienced engineers to help them grow their careers
- Have a deep understanding of software data structures and algorithms
- Be able to ideate and innovate on complex software solutions
- Maintain high quality coding standards for yourself and your team
- Have the ability to design and deliver components of a complex architectures or distributed systems
- Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
- Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
- BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 5+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of professional development experience using languages such as TypeScript, Java, or C#
- Experience building data pipelines and applications to stream and process datasets at low latencies. (Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Apache Beam)
- Success in delivering and operating reliable low-latency, services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
- Experience utilizing workflow orchestration and automation systems (Amazon Simple Workflow, Kubernetes’ native workflows, Airflow)
- Experience with continuous ETL sourced from databases (Cassandra, Postgres, Redis) and third party systems APIs.
- Experience with data vault integration and visualization tools such as (Tableau, Periscope, Amplitude, Snowflake)
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS