CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior Technical Program Manager, Video Playback - HBO MaxLocation Seattle, Washington, United States Job ID 173735BR Apply Now
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
Our team of Technical Program Managers work closely with the Video Delivery and Playback engineers. Collectively these teams are responsible for the video playback experience of HBO Max. We power the most critical HBO Max user experience - watching video - across all mobile, desktop, and
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including development, quality assurance, design and product development. You will manage cross-functional communication within your assigned development team and work closely with other matrixed teams to align upcoming work. By working on our team you can say you helped to deliver the very best streaming platform in the world.
- Organize and drive the programs that deliver superb video playback experiences
- Define problem statements with data driven proposals, recommendations, and solutions; then drive alignment across all partners
- Collaborate with cross-functional team(s) to establish goals and milestones that align with development team dependencies
- Add value in technical discussions about solution design and implementation
- Discover and articulate technical requirements and dependencies on external development teams as deliverables change. These could include changes to APIs, interfaces, or the behavior of services or client devices
- Collaborate with development teams to tease out implementation details and identify roadblocks before they occur
- 5+ years of experience in technical program management.
- Communicate easily with a distributed cross functional team. You quickly learn your audiences and leverage the best tools available to effectively communicate with them.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation and problem resolution in a cross-functional team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
- Drive the definition of project scope, develop detailed project plans and facilitate the collection of engineering, operational and business requirements.
- Experience collaborating with engineering to write features for implementation.
- You can swiftly identify projects at risk, potential impacts and mitigations/ solutions to keep the program on track.
- Experience implementing streaming video solutions, and understand how encoding, packaging, origin, and CDN fit in.
- Familiar with CSAI/ SSAI / AVOD.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to function effectively and consistently when faced with frequently changing and sometimes ambiguous goals.
The Nice to Haves
- Entertainment or media industry experience.
- Familiar with slack, email, web conferencing, jira/confluence.
- Ability to learn new development and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness.
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click HEREto Quick Apply
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS