CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Services Framework - HBO MaxLocation Seattle, Washington, United States Job ID 173723BR Apply Now
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
As a Senior Software Engineer on WarnerMedia's Services Framework team, you will build shared libraries and/or leverage open technology standards that implement common microservice patterns. It’s a unique opportunity to learn about the latest Microservice patterns, such as WAF, API Gateway, Service Mesh, and Access Tokens and identify ways to integrate them into our video streaming platform. We need people with good ideas, high energy, and self-motivation to continuously improve our frameworks. You’ll work directly with the engineers, SDETs, and TPMs to understand their pain points, and how we can solve them.
- Launch WAF, API Gateway, and Service Mesh resources
- Operationalize resource onboarding and configuration
- Drive security expectations with world class security team
- Develop centralized Dashboard for Monitoring and Alerts
- Develop tools, applications, and services to improve developer productivity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
- It would be great if you 5+ years of Industry experience in web services
- Experience in deploying and supporting Microservice patterns in large scale applications
- Want to learn about NodeJS, Typescript, Docker and Kubernetes
- Fundamentals in OO design, data structures, and algorithm design
- Passion for delivering mission critical systems which solve developer problems
- Experience supporting developers across Linux and Mac platforms
- Experience contributing to or working with open-source software
- Experience in development using AWS services and Kubernetes
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click HERE to Quick Apply.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS