CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Navigation and Browse - HBO MaxLocation Seattle, Washington, United States Job ID 174406BR Apply Now
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
As part of the Content Discovery: Navigation & Browse Team, you would be part of the team that owns the user experience when using HBO Max. We work closely with design to develop the technology needed to bring to life new ways of browsing our vast content catalog. We are responsible for navigation across users and devices. We build the framework for editorial teams to highlight content our users would enjoy.
For HBO Max, we are creating a new style of video recommendation that has never been done before. We are designing systems to tailor the look and feel of the app for different users. We are looking for a Senior Engineer to architect these systems and be responsible for realizing new experiences.
- Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your scope and influence
- Use your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers
- Get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects that interact with multiple teams
- Influence technology, process, standards, and best practices, both on this team and across the organization
- Mentor other engineers to help them grow both technically and professionally
- Define architectures and designs that enable working through others
- Ensure consistency of your team's’ code and those teams you integrate with
- Help your organization grow into green field technical domain areas
- Have a deep understanding of software data structures and algorithms
- Ideate and innovate on complex software solutions
- You are a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices
- Design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working through other engineers to help deliver the end solution.
- Describe highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a way they can understand
- Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
- Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
The Nice to Haves
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms
- DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed
- Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
- Success in designing and building exciting, highly polished, and dynamic user experiences
- Hands-on experience with web, mobile, game console, set-top box and/or TV client application development
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS