CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Direct Commerce - HBO MaxLocation Seattle, Washington, United States Job ID 173743BR Apply Now
Click HERE to Quick Apply.
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
Like to develop features that millions of customers depend upon? The Commerce group is a friendly, energetic engineering team responsible for the money side of the HBO NOW and upcoming HBO Max streaming services. We're full-stack, working from the frontend to onboard new customers and serve existing subscribers, to the backend developing sophisticated commerce systems and integrating with external payment services. We're cross-location with teams in Seattle, New York and Helsinki, and have learned to work effectively through collaboration tools and occasional travel. We're looking for Engineers that have an interest in the commerce space and a passion for creating great software.
As a Software Engineer on WarnerMedia's Direct Commerce team, you will design and build solutions for e-commerce. You will own and improve features including creating subscriptions via web and mobile apps, experimentation, billing and invoicing, integrating with external payment gateways, and providing financial reporting tools for internal stakeholders. By joining our team, you'll have a rare opportunity to build noteworthy components of a major new service from the ground up, and your work will make some of the world’s best content accessible to millions of customers, securely and seamlessly. In this role you will join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your scope and influence. You will use your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers. You will get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side. As a member of our team you will be one of the first developers to work with new features from a variety of e-commerce platforms and technology partners.
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects that interact with multiple teams
- Influence technology, process, standards, and best practices, both on this team and across the organization
- Mentor other engineers to help them grow both technically and professionally
- Define architectures and designs that enable working through others
- Ensure consistency of your team's’ code and those teams you integrate with
- Help your organization grow into green field technical domain areas
- Work with designers, product managers, and marketers to optimize the purchase experience
- Have a deep understanding of software data structures and algorithms
- Ideate and innovate on complex software solutions
- Be a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices
- Design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working through other engineers to help deliver the end solution.
- Describe highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a way they can understand
- Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
- Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms
- DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed
- Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
- Success in designing and building exciting, highly polished, and dynamic user experiences
- Hands-on experience with web, mobile, game console, set-top box and/or TV client application development
- Success in delivering reliable low-latency, services at scale, operating in a 24x7 environment
- Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies, especially Kubernetes and AWS
- Experience with e-commerce development, financial systems, and payment gateways like Stripe
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click HERE to Quick Apply.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS