CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior Staff Engineer, Device Reach - HBO MaxLocation Seattle, Washington, United States Job ID 173708BR Apply Now
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more
As a Senior Staff Engineer on WarnerMedia’s Device Reach team, you understand the trade-offs between complexity, speed of implementation, and you make smart decisions to provide the best developer experience for our application teams by abstracting away the details of the devices that the application is running on and providing hooks to make use of platform functionality. We are responsible for the device landscape of various WarnerMedia’s streaming video applications across web, mobile, gaming consoles, and connected screens. Working on our team gives you the unique opportunity to build one of the best streaming platforms in the world!
- Design and develop tooling, tests, and abstractions that allow our developers to have confidence in their application’s behavior on many devices without needing to specifically develop and test on all of them
- Reconcile platform differences and provide a clean, performant and extensible abstraction layer for the broad landscape of devices our platform supports
- Improve the tooling and ease of development to bring new devices onto our technology stack quickly
- Mentor more junior engineers to help them grow their careers
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Have 5+ years of experience in software development and a proven track record of releasing software
- Enjoy working in a team setting with engineers of varying degrees of experience
- Define architectures and designs that enable working through others
- Influence technology and process both on this team and across the organization
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS