Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Vice President & Senior Counsel, LegalLocation Santa Monica, California, United States Job ID 171948BR Apply Now
HBO is the world’s premiere premium entertainment service, bringing groundbreaking and award-winning programming such as GAME OF THRONES, EUPHORIA, CHERNOBYL, WESTWORLD, BALLERS, BIG LITTLE LIES, and SILICON VALLEY to 150 million subscribers across the globe. We seek an exceptional Vice President & Senior Counsel to handle development and production legal matters for HBO’s scripted Original Programming. The successful candidate will have superior solution-oriented analytic, counseling, negotiating and drafting abilities and outstanding people skills necessary to work closely and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic and stimulating environment with colleagues across HBO and at our productions, as well as with talent representatives.
You’ll be responsible for all legal aspects of HBO’s scripted Original Programming (series, movies, mini-series and limited series), including negotiating, structuring and drafting talent, rights, development and production agreements, evaluating chain of title, advising on defamation, privacy, intellectual property matters in connection with reviewing content, and providing time-sensitive, thoughtful, practical and consensus-oriented advice on a wide variety of issues, including all issues arising from the physical production of our scripted entertainment programming.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- J.D. degree from a top tier law school, an outstanding academic record and minimum of 10 years of entertainment law firm and/or studio/network in-house legal department experience. Entertainment transactional/original programming development/production background required.
- Excellent legal and business judgment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage numerous projects in a dynamic environment.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS