Production Software EngineerLocation Santa Monica, California, United States Job ID 173765BR Apply Now
HBO is seeking a Production Software Engineer in our Santa Monica Studio. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work independently, can multi-task, and excellent organizational skills. In addition, this person should have the techniques to detect and solve technical issues that arise throughout the development process. The position also involves frequent communication with the Company’s staff and clients, so a good candidate will have an approachable and friendly demeanor and will be able to explain technical information to non-technical users. Finally, the ideal candidate must be committed to quality and have a passion for new technologies.
Realizing this mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: development, program management, test, and design. We are looking for a Software Engineer with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust and flexible custom applications as well as integrate third-party software packages.
- You will design and develop architecturally sound custom applications as well as implement and integrate third-party software packages.
- You will partner with business analysts, project managers and other engineering teams to understand requirements, evaluate and recommend strategic solutions.
- In addition, you will help plan, initiate, and effect changes to the future-state architecture and technical stack of applications.
- We are looking for a highly skilled individual who has a proven track record and takes pride in bringing high-quality code quickly to market, enjoys learning and applying new technologies, and thrives in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment.
- 3+ years in software development programing (Ruby, Python, Objective C, C etc..)
- Successful applicants must have deep knowledge with hands-on experience in:
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Presentation-tier technologies such as AngularJS, NodeJS. Java Swing is a plus
- SQL and database concepts for RDBMS’ such as Oracle, MySQL. NoSQL database knowledge is a plus
- Enterprise integration patterns and technologies such as REST, SOA, JMS, and ESB
- Development tools such as GIT/Subversion, Maven, JUnit, Bamboo, and JIRA
- AWS Certification (Certified Developer, Sysops, Cloud Practitioner etc..)
- 3+ years of established track record of implementing large-scale high-quality software applications.
- Very strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Drive to master emerging technologies and share experience with team members.
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues.
- Ability to understand goals, strategies, and needs of the business as they relate to application development.
- Ability to be a self-starter and to multitask.
- Ability to fit into an agile development environment and create a positive influence.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS