Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Legal AssistantLocation Santa Monica, California, United States Job ID 175116BR Apply Now
HBO, the world’s premiere premium entertainment service, seeks an exceptional Legal Assistant to provide outstanding support to a Senior Counsel and Director, Legal Affairs, West Coast Original Programming. The Senior Counsel and Director are part of a team handling a wide variety of legal matters related to the development and production of HBO’s award-winning Original Series and Films. The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively in a fast-paced, exciting entertainment environment with the department’s attorneys, paralegals and assistants, colleagues across HBO and our productions, as well as talent representatives.
- Providing a professional, warm and resourceful telephone presence; placing, receiving and troubleshooting calls for direct supervisors; and providing backup telephone support for the department
- Scheduling and organizing meetings, making travel arrangements, managing calendar and general assistance as required
- Preparing, proofreading and redlining legal documents, including drafting contracts and correspondence
- Processing, sending, distributing mail
- Maintaining development, production and other legal files, and keep project filing current
- Following up on outstanding contracts, processing and distributing documents and updating reports
- Timely preparation and processing of expense reports, outside counsel bills, and ordering supplies
- Providing backup support to other assistants within the department
- Miscellaneous departmental tasks
- Overtime may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required, plus a minimum of 5+ years in an entertainment law firm, studio, network, legal, or business affairs department
- Professional demeanor and ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong time management skills (proven abilities to prioritize tasks, multitask, meet deadlines, work independently, proactively,and reliably)
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships and be calm and flexible under pressure and amidst changing priorities
- A fun, can-do, cheerful, collaborative attitude
- Tech-savvy individual, with extensive experience in all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), PDFs, scanning, etc.
- Effective organizational skills required, strong attention to detail, excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills and emotional intelligence are essential
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS