Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
HBO LA Summer 2020 Intern- Participations & ResidualsLocation Santa Monica, California, United States Job ID 175401BR Apply Now
- Read and abstract various documentary agreements containing contingent compensation clauses
- Assist with overall title inventory project including, researching air dates, participation and residual obligations, documenting findings in master excel sheet, making files, running data queries of revenue and expenses to determine priority of reporting
- Assist with merchandising revenue research, which is necessary to render statements to actors/actresses
- Review less complex participation statements prepared by other team members to validate contractual and financial accuracy
- Opportunity for intern to learn how to prepare statements themselves and to recalculate the participation statements through various scenarios
- Gain basic understanding of residual obligations and guild rules by reading basic agreements and preforming sample residual calculations
- Assist the audit group with ad-hoc projects based on requests sent by auditors
- Limited exposure to the cash forecasting and modeling process.
- Prefer an accounting or finance major, but may also consider candidate studying law
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to learn about contractual obligations in entertainment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Able to work in Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing).
Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS