Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Executive AssistantLocation Santa Monica, California, United States Job ID 175445BR Apply Now
HBO, the world’s premiere premium entertainment service, seeks an exceptional Executive Legal Assistant to provide outstanding support to a busy EVP & Chief Counsel and Director, Legal West Coast Programming. The EVP heads a team handling a wide variety of legal matters related to development and production of HBO’s award-winning Original Series and Films. The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively in a fast-paced, exciting entertainment environment with the department’s attorneys, paralegals and assistants, colleagues across HBO and our productions, as well as talent representatives.
- Provide a professional, warm and resourceful telephone presence, placing, receiving and troubleshooting calls for direct supervisors and providing backup telephone support for the department
- Schedule and organize meetings, make travel arrangements, manage calendar and generally assist EVP and Director as required
- Prepare, proofread and redline legal documents, including drafting contracts and correspondence.
- Maintain development, production and other legal files, and keep project filing current
- Follow-up on outstanding contracts, process and distribute documents and update reports
- Timely prepare and process departmental memos, expense reports, outside counsel bills and order supplies for department
- Provide backup support to other assistants within the department
- Miscellaneous departmental tasks
- Overtime may be required
- Tech-savvy individual, with extensive experience in all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), PDFs, scanning, etc.
- Effective organizational skills required, strong attention to detail, excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills, collaborative attitude and emotional intelligence are essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required and minimum 5+ years in an entertainment law firm or studio or network legal or business affairs department.
- Professional demeanor and ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong time management skills (proven abilities to prioritize tasks, multitask, meet deadlines, work independently, proactively and reliably)
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships and be calm and flexible under pressure and amidst changing priorities
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS