Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Director, SustainabilityLocation Santa Monica, California, United States Job ID 175119BR Apply Now
HBO is looking for an experienced Director of Sustainability to help manage the greening of a diversified portfolio of HBO productions.
- Serve as the liaison with crew and production personnel to implement the HBO Green strategy and policies and help manage the sustainability efforts at the corporate level.
- Communicate Sustainable Production Guidelines and assist in the integration of best practices into existing and new production operations.
- Administer production documents to gather qualitative and quantitative information and track ongoing progress on all productions.
- Train crew members on sustainable production best practices
- Oversee the compilation and analysis of production environmental accounting data. Create benchmarks for annual goals.
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. Finance, Post Production) and CSR to communicate program progress to Corporate.
- Collaborate with the sustainability teams in other corporate entities on reporting and communications of sustainability related information and industry best practices.
- Maintain database of sustainable suppliers and resources.
- Research new vendors and emerging technologies and keep HBO Sustainable Production Guidelines up to date and implementable on productions.
- Conduct educational webinars and presentations for productions and on corporate level as needed.
- Production Related Experience
- Corporate Sustainability Reporting Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree preferred
- Experience working on a film/TV production in a sustainability capacity preferred
- Project and/or change management training preferred
- Team Player
- 5+ years of experience in Corporate Sustainability preferably in the motion picture industry
- Corporate Sustainability Reporting Experience (CDP, GRI, etc.)
- Knowledge of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing business environment
- Superior management, teaching, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Curious, insightful, engaged, determined
- Experience with carbon calculation, data analysis and presentation, LEED requirements
- Experience with alternative power sources and applications (e.g., Solar, battery power)
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as graphic communication skills
- Ability to adapt to meet the needs of clients and the company
- Experience managing relationships, setting expectations, and engaging with production executives, producers, directors, production crew and vendors
- Good customer service and people skills
- Able to do speaking engagements
- Experience with general office software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS