You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Coordinator Asset, ArchivesLocation Santa Monica, California, United States Job ID 173320BR Apply Now
HBO Archives is seeking an Archives Coordinator, based in our Los Angeles, CA offices. This position reports to the Archives Supervisor and plays a key role in assuring the smooth delivery, circulation, and return of assets to the HBO Archives. The Coordinator will primarily utilize our inventory management database to research assets, track their movement, and update our record keeping as needed. We’re seeking candidates who welcome working in a fast-paced environment.
- Create database records for newly received elements and update records for tracking purposes.
- Performs light research of stored elements for specific projects.
- Provide concise instructions to our local messenger service on the transport of our assets.
- Assist with internal archival preservation workflows, including triage and migration projects.
- Keep the Vault and Circulation areas well-organized, assist in space management in support of day-to-day and department projects.
- Process circulation requests received from HBO Production and other HBO/WM departments.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in post-production or archiving. Working knowledge of sound archival practices is essential.
- Strong computer skills, research skills and database entry experience, with strong knowledge of FileMaker Pro and Microsoft Word applications. Knowledge of the Xytech software is a plus.
- An understanding of post-production practices and the ability to identify film, video and audio formats.
- Must be detail-oriented, a self-starter, and possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Degree preferred but not required
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS