CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Writer - CNN BusinessLocation San Francisco, California, United States Job ID 176125BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented <br>storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, <br>DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
CNN Business is hiring a writer in San Francisco to deepen its business and technology coverage. We need a dedicated journalist to help us write and report coverage of each day's most-talked-about business and technology stories.
- The ideal candidate must love business news, with a particular enthusiasm for covering tech companies.
- They should have a strong desire to write about how tech companies are changing the world, the companies and leaders that are at the forefront of innovation, and business strategy.
- The ideal candidate should be adept at pitching, covering and writing breaking news stories about tech companies, but also adept at covering a wide variety of business topics.
- They should be skeptical, but not cynical -- genuinely excited by the changes and disruptions occurring in Silicon Valley, board rooms and beyond, but also ready to take a critical look at them.
- BA preferred or equivalent education/training/experience.
- Good knowledge of or passion for business and financial news.
- 3 or more years of digital experience.
- Must have sound editorial news judgement and an awareness of current business and finance news trends.
- Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills and ability to adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS