WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr Software Developer - MLops - CNN DigitalLocation San Francisco, California, United States Job ID 175181BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
We are looking for a Software Engineer - MLOps to help us create artificial intelligence products. The responsibilities of the Software Engineer include:
- Build a machine learning platform analogous to similar initiatives at Uber (Michelangelo), AirBnb (Bighead), Netflix (Metaflow) to help data scientist prototype and deploy models to production
- Design and implement the infrastructure and architecture for the model made by Data Scientist to go into production
- QA and review data science code to make sure it is not error prone and production ready.
- Optimize data science code when needed to be faster
- Monitor that our models are running correctly
- You can design and build real time distributed systems for scale as big as CNN.
- You already have collaborated with data scientist on machine learning product.
- You are excited about complex architecture/infrastructure and finding way to make it faster by using the latest technologies.
- Additionally, you understand the constraints of working with a growing team and thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and sometimes scrappy.
- You understand that serving a user-facing model comes with a set of restrictions and you know how to be creative to solve them.
- Finally, you are business focused and proactively thinking about new projects that could have a high impact result for the company.
- Study and transform data science prototypes
- Design and develop machine learning systems for data scientist to create, train and deploy ML model
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Experience in applying machine learning, predictive analytics and classification techniques towards real product and problems
- Ability to write robust code in Python or Java or equivalent modern programming language
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Proficiency in SQL, big data technologies and working with large data sets
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master’s degree is a plus
- Works independently, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Deep curiosity and a demonstrated ability to craft original solutions
- Highly communicative with collaborators and manager
- Proactive in seeking opportunities for innovation
- Designed and built web scale distributed systems
- Experience in the media industry with an interest in CNN and the news
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS