Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
SR DevOps Security Engineer, Bleacher ReportLocation San Francisco, United States Job ID 160082BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
Bleacher Report is the site of choice for the next generation of sport fans, the social voice of sports, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Turner Sports. Attracting millions of sport fans every month with its fun, comprehensive, and entertaining team-based content, B/R is one of the fastest-growing sport sites. Since being acquired by Turner in 2012, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant start-up culture.
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The SR DevSecOps Engineer will be dedicated to drive web application security and secure DevOps processes throughout B/R and Turner's technology organization. This team will establish secure coding practices used by development teams across the company. This position is critical to establishing and maintaining secure systems while simultaneously promoting a culture of rapid and reliable software across the company. The team will be deployed throughout various development and operations teams throughout Turner and its subsidiaries.
What will you be doing?
Be a part of a bleeding edge cloud and web application security team which enables the agile development of secure and reliable applications. You will ensure the team of security engineers develops an understanding of business objectives, application architecture, and functionality of the projects they are assigned to.
- Collaborate with software development leaders to establish metrics that demonstrate security proficiency across all major development teams
- Identify potential threat vectors in software applications and cloud architecture that could be used by attackers and cause disruption or a potential data breach
- Demonstrate security leadership across the organization
- Collaborate with other Information Security Office team members to ensure all software vulnerabilities are tracked, remediated and retested
- Lead the development of automated test scripts which are incorporated into the software development lifecycle and are effective at identifying potential software and configuration vulnerabilities
- Lead the development of automated utilities which can be leveraged to identify cloud vulnerabilities
- Ensure processes associated with application security and cloud security of key systems are documented, maintained, and archived
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to develop the standards for web application security, cloud security, and mobile app security
- Lead security assessments of critical company infrastructure and applications as needed
- Other duties as required
- 5+ years of software development, DevOps and/or cloud architecture (AWS, GCP or Azure) experience
- Proficient with tools such as Burp Suite, sqlmap, Metasploit, Nmap, and Nessus
- Experience with Static Application Security Testing methodologies and tools
- Experience with Dynamic Application Security Testing methodologies and tools
- Preferred experience with Configuration Management Tools such as Puppet, Chef, Salt or Ansible
- Preferred experience with scripting languages such as Python or BASH
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Certifications such as CISSP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, GWEB/GWAPT, and GPEN preferred
- Experience with attack and penetration testing or relevant security experience preferred
- Good grasp of big data technologies and how they relate to security contexts
- Knowledge of system and network configuration for multiple operating systems
- Experience in broadcasting or video streaming a plus
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.