Software Engineer, BackendLocation Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Job ID 170489BR Apply Now
We are looking for a developer to join our Backend Team.
- Work closely with many different teams including product, project, design, front end, advertising, business, and content.
- Responsible for all backend content distribution in an SVOD (Subscription Video On Demand) environment.
- Supports the discovery and viewing of video content, watch queues, favorites, and license management for 4 highly trafficked digital properties.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- A delivery mindset. It’s not enough to write the code. It has to get into the user’s hands and it has to work!
- A self-motivated, entrepreneurial outlook.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- An agile disposition. We respect the spirit of agile development, but we pick and choose our ceremonies.
- Can demonstrate professional experience with at least one full development toolchain.
- General computing knowledge is desirable. Familiarity with the standard suite of Web Protocols (HTTP, HTML, etc.).
- Have experience consuming APIs, mobile development, etc.
- Have experience with VOD content delivery and display.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Our ideal candidate will also be well versed in our Tech Stack...
- Django / Python and/or Golang for Back-End
- AWS Core Services(S3, SQS, EC2, etc.)
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS