Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Sales AssistantLocation France - Paris Job ID 160273BR Apply Now
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 425 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
The Sales Assistant/Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Managers and team Directors within a high-pressured sales team. The role is within the Advertising Sales department, working across the designated territories. This is a junior role in the sales team, for a person keen and capable to develop sales skills
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
Support to frontline sales executives
- Provide effective support to the Sales Managers throughout the pitch process by working closely with them on presentations, media plans and commercial narrative across TV, digital and social platforms.
- Proactively identify and pursue revenue-generating opportunities both within the team’s client base and with companies/agencies who are lapsed / not current advertising customers.
- Whilst this positon does not have a direct revenue responsibility, he/she will be encouraged to develop and close small deals through agencies or directly with clients, mainly but not only in the Luxury sector.
- Work closely with the Sales Managers to prepare timely and accurate reports for the Account leads; content to include revenue pipelines, current active campaigns, briefs or account movements, competitor activity, campaigns missed, relevant local market information / news etc.
- Work with Sales Operations to supply regular performance information to clients during campaigns (mid campaign & post campaign results).
Client and agency facing
- Respond to general client/agency enquiries,will work with counter parts in CNN Create, Marketing, Digital, Research, Distribution, Finance, Sales Ops and other Resources to ensure that we meet client objectives and exceed sales goals.
- Have an understanding of agency and client business in relation to key staff, client responsibilities, budgeting cycles, advertising / marketing objectives and creative requirements and will maintain regular telephone, face to face and business / social relationships with key individuals within the Ad Ops & media buying community in agencies.
- Implement campaigns and own the process of post sales activities (ie: prepare confirmation and post campaign reports, send out billing emails, manage status sheets and campaign history sheets, ensure timely delivery of advertising material and liaise with clients and agencies to ensure timely copy receipt, check invoices and contracts). The tasks involve excel and PowerPoint usage.
- Graduate with relevant degree
- Knowledge of CNN
- Intelligent, organised, pro-active and hardworking
- Digital savvy/skilled
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Commercial minded with an excellent sense of client service
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a very busy environment, to prioritise and multitask;
- IT skills (Windows, Word, Databases, Outlook, Internet, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Good interpersonal skills (work well with others in an open-plan department);
- The confidence to build and maintain relationships with clients and agencies;
- To possess a proactive attitude and willingness to learn, remain motivated and ambition to progress within the industry;
- Minimum 1 year experience in the industry;
- Language – fluent in English, however another language is desirable