You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Intern, PRJob ID 170638BR Apply Now
This role will support to the Paris-based PR team by handling specific initiatives and projects which support the overall communications strategy.
Working across consumer and commercial campaigns, this role provides administrative and written support for the busy Paris press office team and offers the opportunity to gain an insight into the workings of the world’s leading newsgathering organisation.
Job description may change as internship progresses
- Preparing France coverage summaries to be shared with CNN’s stakeholders
- First point of contact for general telephone enquiries to press office
- Pitching in stories to media contacts mainly across French-Speaking countries in mainstream press and bloggers
- Researching, drafting and distributing press materials on CNN International programming, on exclusive breaking news and on CNN International’s ad sales initiatives.
- Exploring PR opportunities arising from the channel’s ad sales and digital activity.
- Assisting in the research, development and implementation of communication plans for key ad sales, digital and research initiatives.
- Translating press materials from English to French
- Assisting in the organization of local events (conferences, private exhibitions…)
- Support Communications Executive in day-to-day tasks
- Contribution to social media on CNN France PR Twitter account, building social media relationships + Instagram + Facebook
What we’re looking for:
- Proven strong, accurate writing ability, with excellence for grammar and punctuation in both French and English
- Good copywriting skills and the ability to research and draft releases
- Planning and organisational skills. The ability to plan ahead, anticipate deadlines and manage a variety of projects at the same time.
- A good eye for detail
- Excellent IT knowledge across Microsoft Office packages, Photoshop skills preferable
- Ability to prioritise issues/demands and effectively handle enquiries when other team members are out of the office
- Understanding of social media tools especially Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Educated to Master’s degree level or equivalent
- Keen interest in current affairs, advertising, digital and tech
- Experience of PR an advantage
What’s on offer:
- The internship starts August 2019 for a maximum period of 6 months.
- Full time internship
- Remuneration: 770€ gross
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Half Price transports card in Ile-De-France
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS