CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Writer/Researcher, Digital Politics - KFile, CNNLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 167959BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
CNN's KFile team is looking for a writer responsible for producing investigative stories and research related to the 2020 presidential campaign. The position combines research style digging with traditional reporting.
This position is primarily a writing and research role and the ideal candidate will be:
- Researching and writing high-impact, researched-based stories in the heat of the 2020 presidential campaign
- Sending FOIAs and open record requests
- Obtaining and viewing large quantities of archival video and text
- Have a passion for political news, and be unafraid to build the future of journalism on the web with the urgency politics demands
- Passionate, driven, innovative, and determined to define some of the country's most important political stories for the mobile social generation of news consumers.
This role requires constant communication and coordination with the senior editor of the KFile team and the senior campaign editor.
What do we need from you?
- 4+ years' experience in an editorial role at a traditional or digital native news organization
- Bachelor's degree
- A strong interest in politics and research
- Sound editorial and social judgment; a keen eye for detail and excellent writing and visual communication skills
- Strong content management system experience on desktop web, mobile web, and mobile
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions
- Proven experience for developing audiences across web, mobile web, social accounts, through SEO
- Proficiency in archival research, sending FOIAs and open records requests
- Strong understanding of mobile, apps, and social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS