CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Writer/Producer - CNN TonightLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 168510BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Writer/Producer for CNN Tonight will be responsible for conceptualizing, writing, and producing on-air scripts for the live program. The Writer/Producer will write segments including anchor intros, questions, teases, comments, and texts for graphics. This candidate must be able to effectively use video, graphics and fonts for all assigned stories. The Writer/Producer will work closely with management to ensure that direction of segments fit the show's mission and that copy is urgent. Must be able to produce segments under tight deadlines and pitch story and guest ideas.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years producing experience
- Strong interest and knowledge in politics and current events
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly
- Must have the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently and with a team
- Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together
- Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require and be in the office through the program every night from 10p-12a
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS