CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Writer (Media Team) - CNN BusinessLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 170527BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
CNN Business is hiring a Writer in New York to deepen its media business coverage. We need a dedicated journalist to help us cover each day's most-talked-about media stories.
- The ideal candidate must love media and business news, with a strong desire to inform readers about the different ways in which the industry is being upended and the leaders who are at the forefront of change and innovation.
- They should be adept at pitching and covering breaking news stories on a wide variety of media topics including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, labor issues, innovation, misinformation, the state of local newspapers, Big Media and digital media.
- They should be skeptical, but not cynical -- genuinely excited to be covering the changes and disruptions occurring in newsrooms, board rooms and beyond, but also ready to take a critical look at them.
- BA preferred or equivalent education/training/experience.
- Good knowledge of or passion for business and media news.
- 3+ years digital experience.
- Must have sound editorial news judgement, an awareness of current business and media news trends, strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS