CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Writer, CNN InvestigationsLocation New York, United States Job ID 156451BR Apply Now
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
Seek truth. Break news. Hold the powerful accountable. That's the mission of CNN's new investigative team and writers will be responsible for one of several available beats: Politics, health care, the environment, business and more.
What will you be doing?
- Many projects will short term. We also believe strongly in giving reporters the time and space to pursue strong leads - weeks and months if needed.
- Writers will be responsible for pitching worthy stories on her or his beat.
- These stories must be original and hold the promise of having high-impact either in terms of creating awareness of an important issue, changing the conversation around a topic or forcing change.
- Writers will also work with her or his editor and the design team to create engaging visual elements.
What do we need from you?
- 4+ years of editorial experience, with a proven track record of investigative reporting.
- Strong editorial judgement
- Strong research, interviewing and writing skills
- Beat expertise preferred and experience with breaking news
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in social media
- Ability to work in fast high pressure environment
- Ability to travel
- BA/BS in Journalism/Film Production, Communication or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.