Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
VP, Turner Ad Sales (Branded Content Sales)Location New York, United States Job ID 166619BR Apply Now
Turner is looking for a VP of Portfolio Branded Content Sales to lead a team of portfolio digital content account executive, driving new, idea-led partnerships with marketers.
The VP will be responsible for representing branded content ideas from Turner's Entertainment Portfolio (e.g., Adult Swim, Team Coco, Cartoon Network); creative capabilities (e.g., multiple brand studios) and platforms (TV, social, digital, VR/AR, events, etc.).
- He/She will leverage their wide range of relationships with clients and content decision makers, especially those new to Turner.
- The VP will work closely with Turners entertainment branded content studio as well as Turner Ignite's Content Partnerships' development, activation and social teams to ensure his/her team is a) armed with valuable, custom creative ideas and activations for brands; and b) can activate them everywhere our audiences consume our content, with a special focus on social media.
- The VP will work directly for Turner's SVP, CRO Digital Sales Strategy with dotted line reporting to Sales EVPs. What will you be doing? Drive revenue with cross-portfolio branded content programs that can be distributed across social, digital, TV and events
- Translate Branded Content sales plans and goals to sales team
- Deliver on revenue budget requirements & drive revenue through key clients/agencies who invest in content marketing initiatives
- Partner with Turner's entertainment branded content studio
- Work closely with Content Partnerships and Launchpad, Turner's internal social agency, to bring new branded content products and solutions to advertisers
- Develop strong advertiser relationships in the branded content space Direct accounts from proposal through post-analysis, while collaborating with other sales teams to ensure best possible client experience
- Create and present proposals to secure business, utilizing guidelines set by Turner's strategy and planning teams
- Speak knowledgeably to a wide range of content solutions, from a wide range of Turner properties, platforms and capabilities
- Keep the interests of Turner's properties, and fans, in mind at all times
- Develop and maintain stable relationships with operations and sales support groups within the company
- Maintain strong working knowledge of Turner Ignite's and Turner Research's products
- Deep content-led, "digital native" sales experience - with track record of regularly exceeding sales goals
- Strong ability to demonstrate leadership both internally and externally
- Experience working on business with disruptive revenue growth expectations
- Experience leading a team of sellers
- Ability to think strategically with understanding of the "big picture"
- Strong management and organizational skills
- 10+ years of experience developing senior brand client and content/creative/digital/social agency relationships
- Deep Understanding of how to monetize branded content, especially in social media.
- Deep Understanding of the creative development, sell thru and activation process for branded content
- Strong knowledge of digital and social content marketplace, gained thru experience
- Entrepreneurial and/or startup experience
- Combined with experience working at a big media company a plus
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. CES2019
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS