Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
VP, CNN DigitalLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 172444BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The VP, Engineering will be charged with the development of new capabilities for news, leading to compelling experiences for the audience utlizing data at scale. In this role, you and your team will collaborate across the organization to design and deliver high-quality scalable solutions. You will be accountable for implementing data governance, data integrity, data engineering standards, data integration, and QA best practices.
The ideal candidate for the role will be passionate about news, entertainment, and technology. He/She will have a deep understanding of the news industry and be a champion for the consumer. The candidate must be a "doer" who can execute as well as balance longer-term strategic thinking. The candidate will be part of a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
- Lead the development and implementation of a robust platform strategy to support business objectives
- Partner with marketing, product, BI, development and content to plan and execute a comprehensive news and data roadmap
- Use expertise to identify opportunities to leverage data and provide guidance to colleagues related to capture, analysis and productization of data
- Develop an overarching data framework to successfully manage large amounts of data, ensuring compliance with regulations while maintaining data integrity and accessibility
- Develop software engineering best practices, guidelines, procedures, and repeatable and scalable frameworks
- Set priorities, mentor and provide technical direction to a team of engineers and project managers
- 10 years’ experience developing high volume data environments
- 5+ years in a leadership role managing a team
- Experience with machine learning and statistical analysis, programming and scripting capabilities
- Proficient in data warehousing, dimensional modeling, and data architecture
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- BS in engineering or related field or equivalent experience, MS highly preferred
- Expertise/experience in these key technical areas/domains
- AWS Cloud platform tools
- Data warehousing tools such as Dynamo DB, Oracle, SQL, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake
- Data Modeling and System Analysis
- Data Platforms. EMR, Data Bricks, AWS
- Data Integration tools such as SQL, Spark, Scala, Python, Data Bricks, Airflowo R, Machine Learning
- Experience with Digital Marketing tools for instrumentation and analytics analysis, such as Segment, Google Analytics, and Datorama
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS