CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Summer 2020 Intern - Early Start/New DayLocation New York, New York, United States Job ID 175073BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN's early morning shows feature the latest news from a team of top journalists. Early Start and New Day are primarily live from the Time Warner Center in Manhattan, featuring high-profile guests and CNN Correspondents from around the world.
Interns will get first-hand experience learning how to build live programming from both an editorial and production perspective.
- Interns will strengthen their research skills; participate in futures meetings; use the various CNN databases to locate footage, tape and sound bites for packages and live air; accompany producers locally on stories in the field; and greet show guests among other opportunities.
- Interns have the opportunity to participate in how the show ideas are developed, how videotape is gathered and edited, and the script-writing process.
- Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Must be willing to work overnights (1:30a to 9:30a shift for this internship.)
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS